Thursday, March 15, 2012

Smooth Minerals Foundation Review

Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation
Reg. $12.00

Available in Tammy's AVON Store
Being desperate to find long lasting foundation I switched to Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation.  At first my skin was extremely dry when I used this product, and had to really layer my moisturizer on in the morning & evening.  Living in a dry environment and it being winter didn't help.  I think my skin just needed an 'adjustment period,' as after a week and a half it was no longer dry and I LOVE it!  It really does last all day.  I put it on at 6:30 a.m., and never have to touch up.  My sister has been using Bare Minerals for years, and after trying AVON Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation she returned all of her Bare Minerals and switched over to AVON Smooth Minerals.  If you are using or contemplating on using  Mary Kay's mineral powder I should warn you that they still use talc in their powdered products (one of the very few companies that still do).  After using AVON's Smooth Minerals I don't think I'm ever going back to liquid foundation.  I also love not having to put a bronzer on after foundation.
AVON's Rating: 4 Stars
My Rating: 5 Stars

Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation
Reg. $11.00
I purchased the pressed foundation to keep in my purse so I could touch up throughout the day.  First of all, I don't really need to touch up anymore that I am using the Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation, but I have still used it a couple of times.  I really don't like this product.  It does not blend at all, so you look like you have this smudge, unless you rub pretty hard.  This product has great reviews, so I'm assuming that if you have normal - oily skin it is just as good as the powder foundation.  But if you have naturally dry skin or live in a dry environment I do not recommend this product.    
AVON's Rating: 4.5 Stars
My Rating: 1 Stars
Available in My AVON Store

No comments:

Post a Comment